A chocolate-flavored pick-me-up that's good for you! A granola rich in protein and superfoods that help you feel more energetic and headed to face the day.
You can eat it on top of yogurt, acai...with vegetable milk. Or take it to work and eat it whenever you're hungry or feel more "soft".
Makes 4 cups
- 2 cups of oat flakes
- ¼ cup Protein Energy
- ¼ cup Sunflower and/or sesame seeds
- ¼ cup coconut or virgin olive oil
- ½ cup maple syrup, or other sweetener you like
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup ofraw cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ofcardamom powder
½ cup of coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats,protein and seeds. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, place the olive oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Mix well. Add the cocoa powder and cardamom, incorporate.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the oat mixture, mixing well. Taste and add more maple syrup if needed.
- Pour the granola into the prepared pan. Spread it with the back of a large spoon so that you get an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn over so it cooks evenly. Bake again for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Pay attention to this final part, as the granola can burn very easily.
- Remove from the oven and add the shredded coconut, if desired. Wrap.
- Allow to cool completely before serving or storing. Store the granola in a glass jar for two to three weeks.
Hope you like it ♡